Mar 12, 2012

Incarnate By: Jodi Meadows


Incarnate
Author: Jodi Meadows
Pages: 374
Rating: 5/5

 NEWSOUL
   Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

 NOSOUL
   Even Ana’s own mother thinks she’s a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she’ll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are suspicious and afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

HEART
   Sam believes Ana’s new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana’s enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else’s life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?
~~~
      Incarnate is the first book in Jodi Meadows' trilogy. Incarnate centres around a girl named Ana that was taught by her mother, Lin, to think of herself as "unworthy." But when Ana leaves her mother on her 18th birthday to discover the reason for her unusual existence, she meets Sam. With her new and only friend at her side, Ana struggles with being a stranger to those among her and being looked at as an equal.

   A few months ago, you might remember me doing a post on the book trailer (for Incarnate) that had been released. After watching that trailer I was really excited to read Incarnate and I ended up devouring the whole book in less than a day.

What I Loved....

   Incarnate had so many unique qualities to it. Although I have read some book with reincarnation in them (Blue Bloods, Elixir, Evermore) Incarnate did it in a unique way. None of the citizens were a supernatural creature, and none of them required a special elixir to keep them alive. Really, the citizens have no idea for the reason they reincarnate every time they die. It's kind of refreshing having everyone so oblivious :) Not to mention that Incarnate has dragons and sylph- I haven't read a book that contains dragons in it for a long time! Maybe because dragons are looked at as such a typical monster that they're never used..but I have to say, I loved seeing some dragon action.

   The romance in this book was, in a word, beautiful. The relationship growth between Ana and Sam was very gradual...I mean very gradual. But I think the build-up just made the ending that much more exciting. The way Sam and Ana had such a connection through music was so sweet- I loved it, they're moments at the piano had me smiling every time. (I'm seriously smiling just thinking about it.) And even though their budding romance was sweet for a majority of the book, Jodi Meadows did a fabulous job at switching it to full-on spicy. For those of you who haven't read the book, when you reach the masquerade, you'll be in for a more than pleasant surprise. Now that Ana and Sam are officially a couple, I'm anxious to see the hotness continue in the next two books. *fans herself*

The Cover...

   You know how people say "Don't judge a book by it's cover?" Well in this case, judge away! Just like the book, the cover for Incarnate really stood out to me. I really like it when you're able to read a book and then connect the story with the cover- and I was totally able to do that with this one. The butterfly mask not only represents the masquerade but also Sam's reference to Ana being looked by other people as a butterfly. Both online and at the bookstore I found myself attracted to the cover- two thumbs up!

Favourite Quotes...

"I regret I didn't wear a jacket, or I'd give it to you." 
"I still have my wings. It wouldn't fit." 
"I'd carry them for you." 
"They're attached to the dress. It was the only way I could get them to stay." 
 He squeezed my hand, tome mischievous. "In that case, I'd be especially happy to carry the wings." 
"Sam!" 
"It wouldn't be the first time I've seen you without clothes." 
"Sam!” -Sam and Ana

“Ana is convinced she can bake anything." 
"I can. I'm going to make tarts and you're going to like them." 
Stef grinned. "If you need help putting out fires, I'm next door.” -Ana, Sam, and Stef

“It's difficult to focus on my studies when my best friend is struggling to get through the hour." 
He hesitated. "So I'm your best friend now?" 
My cheeks heated, and I shrugged. "It was between you and Sarit, and you have the piano. She just has honey.”-Ana and Sam

Overall...

   Overall Incarnate was an incredible start to a trilogy, but unfortunately we'll all have to wait another year until the second book comes out next winter.  In the meantime we can reread those ahem steamy moments to fulfill our appetite- I sure will. What are your thoughts on Incarnate? Are you hungry for more?! Let me know in the comments or follow me on twitter! Also, if you haven't already, be sure to watch the book trailer below.Keep Reading!

Your YA Bookworm,
Caitlin <3


3 comments:

  1. I want this book! The release is on my birthday and I hope someone will give me it as a present. I will use it during my essay https://mybestessays.org/ writing and read it just for pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very nice and amazing book and through reading it, we can get Worldwide information and also enjoy pleasure because it has very nice content which is liked by almost everyone. Dissertation writing services.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like a depressing story – not my type for sure. Hmm, I have a friend who likes such stories – I think I should share them with him. He will definitely love it. I should get at my task of looking for a dissertation Methodology writing service to outsource my methodology chapter to.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...